Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Spirited Life



Good Morning Trinity Tribe,

I hope you are all well on this chilly morning! I am off to Fayetteville this morning. The North Carolina Conference has started a new initiative with Duke Divinity School, the Western North Carolina Conference, and the Duke Endowment to help pastors be more healthy. They are encouraging us to loose weight, eat healthily, get all our medical tests, and the like. I am fasting and will have my blood sugar and cholesterol tested and what not this morning. They might even pay for my health center membership if I get selected for that particular group!

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 6 that "19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
I hope this initiative will help me better honor my body as a temple of the Holy Spirit. I certainly try. However, I can always do better.

How will you take care of your temple today?


If you want to read more about the initiative, check it out here: http://spiritedlife.org/

No comments: