Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cog in the Machine


Good Morning Trinity Tribe,

I hope you are well this morning! I am still tired from yesterday's ordeal at the hospital, but I feel better than Mark does! ;-) I finally got Hanna an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. So, hopefully that will go well this afternoon.

Mark went to the hospital not knowing if the surgery would occur yesterday or not. He went to an appointment several weeks back with the ENT thinking that was his pre-operative appointment. It was in one sense, with the ENT. However, he did not have an appointment with anesthesia or anything else. He told them that he would be on leave for two weeks and would be able to go to an appointment the first week of leave since we would be in the mountains on the second week. Of course, with a big bureaucracy, that didn't happen. They scheduled him for Thursday of last week. And then no one bothered to call and tell him about the appointment. He happened to call three times checking on it and finally talked to a human on the third try.

Being a Christian can be like this adventure in the Army medical system. We have to fight to get to the end goal of Christ. We have to fight our desire to go to bed early rather than studying our bible. We have to keep making appointments for ourselves to spend time in prayer. We have to go to church even if we are angry with someone there. It is a place full of sinners, after all so we will hurt one another's feelings. In the end, just like Mark got his sinus issues taken care of, God will take care of us. God helps us apologize when we have hurt someone. God helps us to open our Bible when we would rather be lazy and watch TV. God helps us keep that appointment for prayer. We just need to be open to God's help. I am stubborn and like to do things myself, so I still struggle with letting God help me. I pray that you do better in that than I do!

No comments: