Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Saying Goodbye


Dear Trinity Tribe,

With all that is going on at the church, I did not get a chance to "Tribe" yesterday. I hope you are doing well. I am hanging in there, as they say. I don't look forward to tomorrow's services, and yet I am very much looking forward to them. Flora, Frances, and Dorothy were pillars of this congregation. They will be missed tremendously. However, I rejoice thinking of the reunions that have occurred in heaven with each of these fine women and their husbands and their family and friends that have gone one before. I am looking forward to celebrating Flora and Frances' lives tomorrow. I pray that God surrounds us with the strength of the Holy Spirit as we grieve for our earthly loss.

In John 16, Jesus says, 12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
16"In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me."

We will not see Dorothy, Flora, and Frances for a little while. However, we know that we will be reunited with them when Jesus comes to take us home. I take comfort in that thought. Things will be different as we gather together in heaven, but they will be wonderful as we spend eternity worshipping the God that loves us so!

Continue to be wonderful and supportive to their families and to Doris and Roy and Paula and Lee. Terry Coe will be laid to rest tomorrow as well. It has been a rough week for the Trinity Tribe. However, we have each other and we have God surrounding us with love, grace, and peace.

Thank you so much for all that you are doing to love and care for one another!

No comments: