Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Open our eyes


Hello to the Trinity Tribe!

Wow! We have had a lot of rain in the last several days. This is really the first rain that we have had while living in the parsonage. I had no idea of the pools of water that collect in the yard. I really hadn't noticed that there are multiple low places there in amongst the grass and moss growing. Isn't that funny how one thing makes you notice something that you have never seen before. I know that before I was pregnant with Kenna and Hanna, I didn't pay all that much attention to babies. They were cute and all, but they didn't really apply to my life. Now, I notice babies, especially twins or triplets.

Our Christian faith is that way too. We may not have noticed that sad looking person prior to believing in Jesus as our Savior. We may not have thought twice about littering the creation that God made. We may not have intervened in a situation without having the Holy Spirit nudge us to do so. Our belief helps us notice things that we were oblivious to before.

In Matthew 25, Jesus says this, 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Sometime we have to let our faith open our eyes so that we can see what God would have us do in the world. So, let's have our eagle eyes out to see who we can help this week. Let's be on the lookout for that hurting person. Let's be ready with a kind word for that person who has gotten kicked in the pants one too many times. Let's all be Jesus.

No comments: