Sunday, October 30, 2005

Power of water




Today I did something that not many people get the privledge to do, I was used by the Holy Spirit to speak the word of God. Pretty cool actually! People say that there is nothing that can prove God's existence. If that is the case, then I could not do what I do. I am not the person who lives for public speaking. I do it with fear and trepidation. I lack some self confidence (which I am addressing with psychotherapy, I might add), the ability to tell jokes, lots of clever stories, and that sexy, velvety radio announcer voice. Luckily, all of that is irrelevant when you deal with the Holy Spirit. If you listen for what the HS wants you to tell God's people, you do a good job! I grasped tightly to that the whole time I prepared. It is so funny, though, that the HS told me to say things through my research. I was still nervous since my parents were in the congregation!

This is the message that the Holy Spirit wanted out and about: You do not have to stay as a sinful, ugly, jagged parking lot rock. You can ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior and be immediately washed smooth through Jesus' sacrifice like a beautiful skipping rock is worn smooth in the power of the river. Jesus has some pretty powerful water to wash clean all my sins.

Life as a conduit is pretty darn cool!

Peace out,
Mary Frances

No comments: