Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Black Widows


Good morning Trinity Tribe,

I had a bit of a fright over the weekend. I was trimming bushes around the parsonage…trying to get all the vines out and the dead branches. I was trying to get rid of a volunteer pecan tree intertwined with an azalea clipped out. I looked at my clippers and saw a huge black widow spider within an inch of my finger. And when I say huge, I mean huge. Her body was the size of the end of my thumb. I screamed like a girl and backed away from the bushes. Mark thought I had been bitten by a snake. We worked together as a team to catch and murder the black widow. It really upset me, so I was done trimming for the day after that. However, I will have to face my fear and get back to trimming. The landscaping needs some serious TLC. However, this time I will actually wear gloves. I don't like gloves because I like getting my hands dirty and it is easier to grab things. However, I forgot about the dangers of the out of doors. I didn't take good care of myself. Now, I think I have learned my lesson!

In 1 Corinthians 6, Paul reminds us that we must take care of our bodies. "9Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

So, how are we going to take care of our bodies this week? Are we going to walk for 15 minutes? Are we going to wear clothing to protect us from the sun? Are we going to eat five servings of fruits and vegetables? Let's take good care of our gift from God today and every day!

No comments: